Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Start

I have made the choice to begin studying the druid path. This is not a religious path, but a path of the spirit. A way for me to connect with the Earth around me.

I had to explain to the DH that I was not renouncing God, that my beliefs are still what they have always been. I believe there is a God... maybe not the God that Christian churches want us to believe in, but I do believe there is a God. The Bible was written by man. Man is fallible. Therefore, one can infer that there were liberties taken when the Bible was written - truth imbued with fiction for effect purposes. This has always been my belief and that has not changed.

This spiritual journey is one that will allow me to understand and connect with nature. A way to open my eyes to the world around me and understand the interweaving of it all. A way to closer understand the area in which I choose to live and the wonders that are in my own backyard that are normally taken for granted.

I have slowly begun gathering the items I need to complete my initiation ritual. I have decided to complete it on the evening of Samhuinn. It is the night in which the circle of life starts again. It is this time that I have chosen to begin my new life. I grow more nervous as the time approaches. I take this as a good sign. A change of this magnitude should not be taken lightly, so any nervousness shows me that I understand the implications of it.

One of my required studies is to keep a druid journal. I began one in writing, but forget to write in it. So, I am hoping an online blog will help me remember as most of my time is spent here. I write this for personal reasons, with no expectations that it will be read by any but me.

Good Luck A - remember when you read back on this, that you believed in yourself and you can complete this journey with one step at a time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment