Monday, November 8, 2010

A Different Approach

Ever get that feeling that you are being smacked in the heads by the powers that be? That was my life this weekend.

It started on Friday with my complaining to myself and all that listen that I haven't learned the Tarot fast enough. I started working with them about 2 or 3 months ago and I can't remember even a dozen of their meanings. I read the responses that I need to take my time and not try to push it, that Tarot is something that people spend a lifetime learning. I took a deep breath and went back to my studies.

I woke up Saturday morning and did my daily card drawing like I always do and got the Hanged Man. Ok... do a 180 on my outlook, avoid victim mentality. Didn't know why I got this card (already forgot about my tantrum the day before). But I wrote it down in my Tarot book of readings and went about my day.

That evening my step-daughter called and was in town from college and wanted to come visit. So she came over and we (her, the hubby, and myself) went out to eat. We decided while we were out we would go to the mall so he could return something. I sneaked into the book store because it always draws me like a moth to a flame every time I am near. I looked around the store and inevitably stopped at my one little tiny section of "Religion" that isn't chocked full of Christian books. This little section is mostly Wicca, but sometimes I find something interesting in it. I got to the second shelf and there it was. Tarot 101. It wasn't even in with the other books, it was pulled out and laying across the spines of other books. I picked it up and started to thumb through it. It teaches you the cards in a totally different way. And rather than just talk, it made me do homework and work with the cards, and pointed me in directions of what to do rather than letting me flail helplessly out in limbo. I bought that book faster then the hubby could complete his return across the hall.

I was so into this book yesterday that I didn't even remember to make my daily draw. I just opened my book to complete today's draw and see what my draw was for Saturday morning.

Do a 180. *smiles*

Take this one step further -
Wednesday - Slow and Steady
Thursday - Same Draw (Slow and Steady) - Clarifier - Hardwork Pays Off
Friday - Your Spritual Program Shows Results
(granted my books told me those meanings)
I always believed that I had to the learn the book meanings for each of the cards. I never took the time to look at the cards and figure out what they mean to me. That is purpose of Tarot, not recite someone else's meanings. It is for me to learn to communicate with them and have me hear/see what they are telling me.

Times like this I get chills and think... hey! My cards DO like me. And I can really do this, if I just quit trying to force the discussion and just sit back and listen...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love when stuff like that happens! I just had a moment like that in regards to my reading this morning. I wrote about it in my DW journal but not my public one.

    ReplyDelete