Friday, November 5, 2010

Friends

It is amazing how fast one can make friends in this world of Internet. I can write my thoughts that in the old days would be hidden within a diary between my mattresses where nobody could read but me, now days we write on the Internet and allow people that we don't know into our minds and hearts.

The Internet is what brought me to one of my best friends. Playing an online game, talking to people, we were introduced. Now I couldn't imagine my life today if he wasn't in it. He was the one that we went to the metaphysical store for/with, where I saw the Druidcraft Tarot set. It made me come home and look on my Kindle for books on Druidry. That led me to downloading the Druidry Handbook, to which he and I discussed for a while that day. I had always been afraid, for lack of a better word, to announce that this is what I believed. He was ridiculed as a child and learned to hide it. It was like we were children the way we gushed over everything I was reading. Now here we are.... I have completed my initiation and he is going to soon. If we hadn't met, I wonder if either of us would have found the strength to come to this lifestyle.

And now with this blog, I find myself daily looking to see if Evergreen has responded! :) I don't know who she is, but I love to read her blog and hear her thoughts. Even today as I logged in and found the responses that tell me its ok, that I am not alone in my feelings - it made me smile and nod softly in agreement. So... whoever you are - Thank you for listening. *hugs* (and if I ever figure out how to respond I will! LOL!)

If it were the "old" days and the Internet wasn't here, not only would I have not met these people, I would not have found Druidry. There is plenty of Wicca around, why not Druidry? Why is it in the closet so much? But that is a rant for another day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww thanks!

    I have the internet to thank for bringing me to druidry as well.

    I think it was about two years ago that I read a book about paganism, because I was wondering if paganism was the path for me. I think it mentioned druidry, but the way it was portrayed, druidry did not interest me. In the book, I did not find any branch of paganism that seemed right for me, but I did think that paganism was at least related to or close to the path that was right for me. The path that was right to me was still hidden, but since paganism seemed to be a neighbor of that path, I subscribed to two e-mail lists that were for flavors of paganism which seemed closest to my own outlook. Eventually, people on one of those lists mentioned their involvement in druidry, and that go me looking around the internet for more information, and then I decided to embark on the druid path based on what I found on the internet.

    I've never met in person someone whom I knew to be a druid. I think I prefer it that way for now. I think I want to forge my own druid path, and only after I have my own path more solidly defined might I venture out to meet real-life druids. Perhaps I'm afraid that being around druids whose approaches don't match mine might turn me off to druidry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot to thank the internet for too! I'm not sure if I ever would have found a spiritual alternative from Christianity or Eastern religion that suited me, because the internet made that possible.

    I've met so many like-minded people via the internet, some of which are fast becoming real life friends. The people I tend to meet in day to day life I have so little in common with...

    ReplyDelete