Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tarot

I feel like I am not learning them fast enough. That my current methods are not working. I think I am going to try a new approach. Not sure of the logistics, but it is forming in my head. Although rather than a book and paper, it will involve my mind and the cards. I hope this connection will help us learn each other easier.

Currently, I feel I am going through the motions, but the meanings are not "sticking". So much so that I have contemplated leaving them and trying something new. But this was a major draw for me and helped lead me to this path... I will not quit. I will finish this journey.

Although maybe learning a second along side tarot might be fun.

And then I draw my daily card and it is the same as yesterday... it tells me slow and steady. So I draw a clarity card which tells me that the fruits of my labor will soon pay off big time.

Guess I will just stick to my Tarot right now. It's not the time for me to be adding more to my plate.

1 comment:

  1. You have been a candidate for two days, and you feel like you have not learned enough yet?! Don't worry, you will learn more in time.

    I find on my druid path I often get reminded to be more patient.

    Right now I am working on learning the ritual for opening a grove. The way that I decided to do it is through my daily meditation. My theme for meditation each night is just one line from the ritual. I think meditating on the meaning of that line helps it stick to memory more than just rote memory would.

    Yesterday's line was "And in understanding, knowledge." That seems pertinent -- that something does not become knowledge until one understands it. That is what I am trying to do as I meditate on the ritual, to understand what each line means. It is very slow to learn it one line at a time, but slowness is the path to depth of understanding.

    ReplyDelete